
Recently I've noticed that when I talk to others I've been sharing what I hate instead of promoting what I love. I'm going to change that right now! The world is full of fantastic things, so it's time to start sharing them.
During my life I have always been involved in music-piano, organ, choir, voice lessons...I even graduated with a degree in music therapy! I have always especially loved religious music. The last month has been better than normal. I've been involved in a religious choir for the last two years. I've always enjoyed the choir and singing the songs. During the last few months I actually started to really listen and understand what the words of the songs were saying. I also started studying hymns-the words, scriptures that go with them, and their history. I have listed some of the lyrics and videos of some of my favorite songs below. Nothing lifts my spirit as much as when I am singing hymns and praises to the Lord.
Sing til the power of the Lord come down. Shout Hallelujah! Praise His Holy name!
--Praise His Holy Name by Keith Hampton
This is one of the most fun songs I have ever sang!
Will you join in our crusade?
Who will be strong and stand with me?
Beyond the barricade
Is there a world you long to see?
Then join in the fight
That will give you the right to be free!
--Do You Hear the People Sing from Les Miserables
I know this isn't a religious song, but if you think of it as calling people to join you in your quest for giving and kindness then it definitely can be!
Be still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
--Hymn, Be Still My Soul
I've sang this song with the institute choir for over a year. It just gets better and more powerful every time I sing it!
Also...if you haven't listened to "He is Jesus Christ" Composed by Rob Gardner you should! It changed my life!
3 comments:
My university choir also sang that Praise His Holy Name piece. I loved singing it, such a great song!
Thank you for promoting. I love that motto! Beautiful music that makes me miss you.
I have not hear "He is Jesus Christ" but I have his CD for "Joseph Smith the Prophet" and I LOVE It! I will have to listen to this one. thanks Samantha! BTW, we'd love to see some wedding pictures!!
Post a Comment