This weekend my family and I went fishing. I really like fishing, but if nothing is biting and I'm not catching anything I get bored really fast. I was quite proud of myself that I stuck with it as long as I did because NOTHING was happening and then I was reeling in my line and THERE WAS A FISH ON THE HOOK! I got super excited and finished reeling it in. Everyone else caught a few more than one, but I was perfectly happy with my one. I didn't have enough patience to try for another one.
We had lunch and then my dad told me that I had to gut all the fish that my family caught for him. I had to gut all the fish? I only caught one! Earlier in the day I told Kristin that I liked doing this job. Apparently I forgot everything that is inside a fish because it was SICK nasty. The fish was super slimy, and then when I was washing it in the lake it slipped right out of my hands. It was quite the experience to get it out of the water but I finally did it. After I did the first one I ended up doing several more and then helped my cousins and sister learn how to do it too. Savanna said that if she is expected to clean the fish she is never fishing ever again. This was a big deal for her to say because she loves fishing, but she HATES cleaning it. Apparently she has some tactile issues.
Here are some pictures of the process:
 |
| Making my super awesome cast :) |
 |
| Justin, Joshua, and I got our lines crossed...whoops! |
 |
| One of the fish caught! |
 |
| Cutting the fish...I wasn't smiling on the inside. |
 |
| Pulling out the guts...sick! |
 |
| Savanna REALLY didn't like this part. |
 |
| Finally...washing the fish. It's not as easy as it looks. That fish was so slimy and slippery! |
 |
| I ended the day with one of the worst sunburns I have ever had. At least I'm not white anymore! |
2 comments:
You go girl! Seriously. I tried to learn how to gut a fish once, but I hardly touched the fish as all. ;)
"i wonder if doctors make that noise during surgeries - 'oh look, a kidney! blah!'". haha you crack me up girly.
Post a Comment