Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rock It...

I have a new motto in my life: "Rock it 'til you make it." Everyone always says "Fake it 'til you make it." This is a good thing to do, but I think you should not just fake it but ROCK IT! Throughout my life I have had people tell me that I have a great amount of confidence. I'm always shocked when someone says that. I don't feel very confident about anything that I do, even things that I have been doing for years, such as playing the piano and organ. I still feel very NOT confident. Apparently I'm a good faker. 
Throughout my training to become a music therapist and now as I begin my professional life many people have told me to "fake it 'til you make it." This has been great advice, but faking is not nearly as convincing and rocking something. In order to "rock it" you have to "exude confidence" (as someone once told me) This is just a heightened way of faking something, but it's much more convincing.
Last night was a perfect example of this. I LOVE dance parties. I'm not a super fantastic dancer, but I love to dance. I probably look like a spaz but it's still fun. When I was younger I never really danced that much in public. If I did dance it was very small movements. I don't think you would ever know that now. Anyway...whenever I dance I always want people to join me because it's just awkward if you are the only one dancing (which hasn't stopped me from doing it, it's just more awkward). Among other people I asked my cousins Kara and Kristen to dance with me but they were very adamant that they could not and would not dance, but eventually I convinced them. I think it was my speech about my being a music therapist and a music together teacher, so it's my life goal to have everyone make, listen, and move to music. I know that my speech definitely convinced Kara :) Anyway...dancing was super fantastic and Kara and Kristen definitely rocked it!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You totally rock it all! :) Keep being amazing Sam because you am . . . I know it's grammatically supposed to be are but am rhymes with same and ok I'm done now.

Kristen said...

Sam, you are awesome and i kind of like you a lot. We should be friends and have dance parties more often, because i need some new moves =)

Post a Comment