Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Life Unexpected...

I don’t even know why I bother making life plans…they always change, ALWAYS! The only Plan A that’s worked out since high school was going to Utah State and majoring in music therapy. That worked out very, very well. My life always seems to work out just fine though. Last week I went to Utah for a job interview. All during my internship I planned to live and work in the Salt Lake area after graduation. That was just how it was going to be. I found a place to live and a job. My life there was going to be super awesome. Well…life had other plans for me. The job in Salt Lake didn’t work out. Then I went to Logan for another job opportunity. I set up an appointment to discuss the job possibility. A few days before I was supposed to meet with the supervising music therapist, she emailed me and said that they were on Spring Break and wouldn't be able to meet with me for awhile, so I went back to Oregon. 
I started thinking about working in Boise. The more I thought about it the more I rebelled against it, but then I started praying about it and it just felt right. I still rebelled against it though. You would think that I would learn to stop doing that. It did take me reading D&C 38:32 "...Wherefore, for this cause I gave unto you the commandment that ye should go to Ohio..." before I accepted the fact that I needed to do my internship in Ohio. 
I wrote an email to a Music Together center and also a music therapy company in Boise. The directors of each place emailed me back and said that they would love to meet me. Today I met with the director of the Music Together center and she said that she was very excited that I contacted her. She is going back to school in the fall and the other teacher there is having a baby, so she needs a new teacher…ME! She said it was a miracle how fast I contacted her when she needed someone. I start next week. She also said that I could use her studio and facilitate music therapy sessions. She also said that she knows a speech therapist that I could meet with to learn where to find clients. 
I meet with the directors of Music Therapy of Idaho on Friday. They said that they are in need of a music therapist in the next few months and are very excited to meet me. 
Through this experience I have once again learned that Heavenly Father always knows what is best even if I don't at first agree. As long as I read my scriptures, say my prayers, and live mostly like I should then He will help me figure my life out. Life is good!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

Wahoo! Congrats Sam! You'll be great at your job!

Ruth said...

I love it Sam. This has given me hope. I am so excited for you to be able to live close to your family and do what you love. If you need a place to live, Mary might have some good ideas since she lives in Boise.

Lindsey said...

Good job, Sam!

The Farrers said...

Hooray! You have a blog! Now I can really know what you're up to! I'm so so sad that you won't be living in Salt Lake, but I'm so proud of you for living so faithfully! You've truly been rewarded! How exciting about your new job - congratulations!! I'm so happy that all of your hard work and determination has paid off! Go Sam!!!

Post a Comment